We’re in the business of helping IT and business professionals succeed in their careers. But you can also think of us as a publishing, training, events, and marketing services company.
Our work centers on providing top-quality, expert-vetted information to IT and business professionals who need it to advance their skills and make the right decisions for their companies. Producing world-class events, magazines, and online communities — these are the things we’re known for.
But in the end, our work is about something bigger — it’s about driving growth for our customers and inspiring them to continuously develop themselves professionally. Empowered with the right information resources, and connected to the right people, our customers are poised for success. We simply provide them with the tools to get there.
At WIS, we are passionate about helping our partners achieve their brand awareness, engagement, and business development goals.
We are obsessive about delivering valuable information solutions to every customer, and helping them increase the return on their technology investments.
We are relentless in our efforts to build and maintain an environment in which our employees are challenged to grow, thrive, and enjoy their work.
Working at WIS isn’t like working at any other company. Here’s why:
We’re wired to succeed. Integrity, quality, growth, responsibility — these are just some of the qualities that make us tick. We’re an energetic bunch, and we’re passionate about our customers.
We aren’t afraid of change. If we were, we wouldn’t be what we are today. Every day presents a new challenge and an opportunity to take advantage of it. This is not a static business.
The people are awesome, plain and simple. Our employees think creatively, exceed customer expectations, volunteer for challenging projects, and hold themselves accountable. And we’re a lot of fun — if you’re looking for a community atmosphere, you found it.
We’re always seeking smart, motivated people with bright personalities and the drive to succeed. Does this sound like you? If so, browse our current job openings and tell us why you’re the one for us:
Are you a talented communicator with digital savvy and a strong desire to grow professionally? If yes, we should meet.
Our SAP publications team is looking for a versatile editor/writer who enjoys “wearing many hats” — such as marketer, project manager, interviewer, and client consultant — to develop compelling content for our online, print, and mobile editorial channels.
As our new Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Writing and editing articles, case studies, blogs, abstracts, subject lines, press releases, and white papers that appeal to business and IT professionals
- Quickly ramping up your understanding of SAP technology
- Identifying articles, topics, and themes of interest to our audience
- Scheduling, promoting, and moderating online Q&A discussions
- Developing content collaboratively with clients and subject matter experts
- Conducting interviews with business and IT executives via telephone and in-person to produce quality articles and podcast and video content
- Applying SEO best practices to the creation of all web content
- Adapting quickly to content requests and suggestions from external stakeholders
- Fostering positive working relationships with internal and external contacts
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for developing compelling, high-quality content!
- At least 2 years of professional experience in editing, journalism, or digital publishing, ideally at a technology-focused firm
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The ability to quickly absorb and understand technical information
- Superior editing skills, with a keen eye for flaws in logic and structure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong background in social media and knowledge of SEO best practices
- An innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- A “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or related field
In exchange for your skills and talents, we offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive menu of benefits including: Harvard Pilgrim health insurance, dental coverage, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more. Our employees enjoy fresh bagels every Wednesday morning, as well as all the coffee, fruit, snacks, and candy they can eat every day.
More importantly, you’ll become a key player on a smart, savvy editorial team at a rapidly growing, high-energy publishing company. You’ll have tremendous long-term growth potential and will be surrounded by great people. If you’re like the majority of them, this will be the best place you’ve ever worked, and you’ll stay for a long time.
Intrigued? Want to join our team? Send your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter explaining why you’re “the one” for our SAP publications team.
EOE. We are only able to respond to those applicants invited to interview.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career and build a foundation for becoming an experience marketer in a startup environment? Are you excited about the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and learn all you can about marketing – from inbound and lead-gen and lead nurturing campaigns, social media, copywriting, digital marketing, database management, and analytics?
We’re seeking an energetic and creative person to join our marketing team. The Marketing Specialist creates and executes digital, social, and data-driven initiatives to support our highly successful publications and online communities.
- Coordinate, execute, and implement integrated marketing campaigns for new products and publications, including email, online, social marketing for both direct sales and lead gen
- Integrate external social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Lanyrd) into the overall marketing mix
- Work together with product managers to write and refine compelling and accurate marketing content and run effective campaigns
- Collaborate with management to track and measure the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns
- Team up with partners, speakers, and media outlets to maximize the exposure of your events
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a motivated, self-starter and fast-learner
- Have experience in Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketing CRM, data-driven metrics
- Maintain a balance between creative ideas and a data-driven mindset
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to adapt as the expectations, responsibilities, and work environment evolves
The right person for the job must:
- Not be afraid to challenge the status quo and offer new ideas and perspectives to the organization
- Possess strong networking skills
- Be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Digital Media with equivalent work experience.
What’s in it for you?
WIS believes that our people are our most important assets, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees’ health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life and AD&D, FSA, unlimited leave and much more. You’ll enjoy free, fresh bagels every Wednesday morning and all the caffeine, fruit and snacks you need every day.
To learn more about our unique organization, check us out at www.wisinc.com. Then, learn about our Maryland-based parent company, United Communications Group at www.UCG.com.
To apply, please send your resume, a brief cover letter explaining why we should meet and what makes you unique, along with your salary requirements.
EOE. We are only able to respond to those applicants invited to interview.